Rogers, and Sharon Kennedy-Beckman
1. Enrollment - It was decided that JES PTO will have a booth at enrollment
Aug 6 & 7, On Aug 6 Alisha Rogers & Natalie Simpson will maintain from
8am-2pm; On Aug 7 Christina Spencer & Natalie Simpson will maintain from
1pm-7pm. Natalie Simpson will create poster for the booth. Class Party
& Volunteer signups and pre-orders of t-shirt sales will take place at this
time, remaining cookbooks will also be available for purchase.
2. T-Shirts - We approved a final design for a JES t-shirt. Shirts will be
available for purchase at enrollment at a cost per shirt $10, sizes 2XL and
greater $12 per shirt.
3. School Year Events:: We will hold the following events this school year.
"Family Fun Night" - estimated date mid-November ; still finalizing...
getting pricing and decision will be made no later than next meeting. Details
will be released at later time.
Movie Night(s) - Fall/Spring dates
Father/Daughter Dance - estimated date February
Challenge - estimated date late April/early May
4. Labels - Two labels contest will be held. The first being mid Sept thru
mid Oct. This year JES will collect :: Boxtops 4 Education, Labels for
Education, Best Choice, Tysen Project A+, and new this year Auburn Pharmacy
5. A Star Student Award or Recongnition was discussed.. Item has been tabled
for August meeting until it can be determined how to fairly recognize Pre K-6th.
In other business:: Heard Tresurer's report, Tax Exempt license renewal is
complete, discussed PTO possibly participating in Arts/Crafts parade on Oct